The MiMo Biscayne Association has worked tirelessly since its foundation in 2007 to benefit the MiMo Biscayne Boulevard Historic District community in a number of different ways, including:
- Review of projects involving renovations and new construction within the historic district. The MiMo Biscayne Association is the contact listed on City of Miami Historic and Environmental Preservation Board (HEPB) applications for developers seeking community input on projects prior to HEPB review.
- Advocating on behalf of the MiMo Biscayne Historic District on matters involving the City of Miami, such as safety, proposed zoning changes and funding resources for the district.
- Follow up on Code Enforcement issues impacting visual conditions within the historic district such as graffiti, deteriorated storefronts, failure to complete renovations as approved by the HEPB, sidewalk clutter and other issues detrimental to the district.
- Consultants to the City of Miami Historic and Environmental Preservation Staff to assist with completion of Design Guidelines for new construction within the MiMo Biscayne Historic District.
- Ongoing efforts with the City of Miami and participation in FDOT task force studies to improve streetscape features and enhance the pedestrian-friendliness of Biscayne Boulevard within the MiMo Biscayne Boulevard Historic District.
- Creating events, tours and cultural activities within the district to benefit MiMo businesses and foster an appreciation of the district’s unique history and characteristics.
- Creation of a quarterly MiMo Biscayne Association newsletter highlighting MiMo’s historic resources, upcoming and recent events, trends and changes within the neighborhood and reporting on other matters of interest for the MiMo community.
- Creation and maintenance of our organizational website to provide information on the MiMo Biscayne Historic District to researchers, media and others wishing to learn more about the district and its historic resources.