The elected Board of Directors is made up of preservationists, business owners, property owners, homeowners, creatives, architects, urban planners, developers, lawyers, engineers, activists and people passionate about the success of MiMo.
MIMO BISCAYNE ASSOCIATION 2018 Board of Officers/Directors:
- Alisa Cepeda, President
- Sarah Sharp, Vice President
- Jose Gomez, Treasurer
- Melissa Hege, Secretary
- Arvi Balseiro
- Jennifer Barnes
- Peter Ehrlich
- Allison Greenfield
- Mark Ingraham
- Avra Jain
- Jorge Planas
- Steve Sauls
- Laura Weinstein Berman
Our Committees are made up of members and volunteers and Chaired by Board Members who have expertise in the respective areas. Committees deal directly with issues, concerns and projects and then report back to the Board during the monthly meetings. Here are a listing of our Committees, if you’d like to get involved please email below.
The Membership/Events/Marketing Committee:
- Facilitates individuals and corporate members in all aspects of the process of joining the Association.
- Organizes and participates in membership drive activities.
- Maintains all member and community communications including all emails, website, and social media and public relations inquiries.
- Organizes, plans, and promotes MiMo Events for Association fund raising, membership drives, community meetings, and fun events to promote neighborhood participation and awareness.
- Helps MIMO businesses promote their events by posting them on our website events calendar.
See Events Page for more information.
Planning/Eyes on the Boulevard Committee
Email Planning/Eyes on the Boulevard
- Assists businesses and property owners with design to adhere to the historic district regulations.
- Advocates for streetscape and improvements to Biscayne Boulevard roadway.
- Represents the MiMo Board at public hearings including the Historic and Environmental Preservation Board and Planning and Zoning.
- Works with the City of Miami’s Planning and Zoning and Historic Preservation departments.
- Safety issues and neighborhood policies, codes, and ordinances.
- Work closely with the NET office to ensure the beauty, tranquility and peace on our streets.
See more on our Resources Page.